THIS WEEK'S FOCUS
When we create a culture of honor, we prepare an atmosphere for Heaven to touch earth. Honor is the foundation for a spiritually healthy family.
“Honor everyone: love the brotherhood, fear God, Honor the king.” (I Peter 2:17 Berean Study Bible)
1. What are some ways that you have observed a move towards a loss of civility in our culture today? How would you describe the level of civility where you work or go to school?
2. Can you describe a time where you felt truly honored by another person? How did that impact your life?
3. As Dale discussed a civility code in the home, where can you see some areas that you might need to stand up for civility in your family? What would you put at the top of the list as rules for honor you’d like to see in your home?
4. Below is a list quoted from the book, Love and Respect, that husbands and wives desire to feel honored. Which can you relate to? What others might you add?
Being listened to without them trying to fix me
Willing to just be close and spend time
Feeling they fully share the load around the home
Clearly sensing their commitment to me
Recognizing my love language and going out of your way to make me feel cherished
Appreciate my desire to work and achieve
Appreciate my effort to protect and provide
Appreciate my advice and opinions
Desire to encourage my dreams
Appreciate my desire for sexual intimacy
5. When it comes to our society, what are some ways that God wants us to bring His culture of honor into a culture of divisiveness and disrespect?
6. Who are some people who feel dishonored that God might want you to make a special effort to honor?