THIS WEEK'S FOCUS
God wants us to experience a relationship with the Holy Spirit in which He is our best Friend and at the center stage of what is going on in our life. For this to happen we must know who he is, what he does, and how to let him fill our lives.
“But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.”
John 16:13 (NIV)
1. What are some misconceptions that you or others you know have had about the Holy Spirit, that could hinder us from experiencing or limiting the glory of His presence in our lives? Which can you relate to:
d. intellectual blockages
e. theological questions
2. What is an example that you can relate to of the difference between living a human filled life and a spirit filled life? Have you experienced living from God and not just for God? Have you ever had the Holy Spirit help you know something in your heart that before was just in your head?
3. Which of the things that the Holy Spirit has come to do, especially speaks to something that you need Him to do right now in your life?
4. Where or how do you think you might be limiting the Holy Spirit and not giving Him complete control?
5. For ministry time as a group let each one ask the Holy Spirit what it is He is wanting to give us or others in the group. After a time of silent waiting, share with one another what you sense and then pray with each other to receive the release of those gifts and blessings.